4.06.2008

Round Robin Photo Challenge






I was checking out my friend's Suzanne's blog and saw that she entered a round robin photo challenge. I thought that might be fun so I had to enter!!

The topic is "your perfect scene captured."

I went on a trip to Rialto Beach State Park on the coast in Northern Washington State.

It is an amazing place. When we got there it was cold, damp and dark. Everything was black and white and you couldn't see farther than a few feet in front of you. Super heavy sea fog.

Then right before dusk the sea fog started burning off. I remember looking out at the ocean as a beautiful sunset started taking place. Whammo! Out popped this beautiful island, reminiscent of any fantabulous fairy tale. The only thing missing on this tiny island was a beautiful castle atop it.

Seeing this tiny island pop out was like a surprise birthday party. The kids and our friends, as well as myself....we were jumping up and down. "Hey look!" All day long we had no idea that such a beautiful lanscape existed right in our midst. Hopefully we will get to go back this summer.....

9 comments:

Suzanne R said...

This is such a magical scene! Just beautiful! I'm so glad you have joined the Robins -- welcome!

Carly said...

Hi :)

My name is Carly. Welcome to the Round Robin Challenges. This is a fabulous entry. I have heard so much about Oregan from reading Suzanne's blog and emailing with her, but you photo may have tipped me over the edge to visiting one day. I must see that scene for myself. It is just amazing! You really captured it nicely... and the caption is absolutely PERFECT! I will have your link up momentarily. :) Once again, welcome to the Round Robins, I hope you will play along again!


All my best, Carly

CameraDawktor said...

thanks carly and suzanne.

carly this photo was taken in washington state. from portland it would probably take about 5-6 hours to get to this place.

it is just outside of town near Forks, Washington.

Rialto Beach state park has no campground. You can hike two miles down the beach and camp right off the tide line. it is amazing, you are lulled to sleep by the surf!!!!

right outside of the rialto beach state park is Moara Campground which has the typical campground facilities, and of course, there are hotels nearby in Forks.

Nothing beats dry camping though right off the tide line!!!

thanks for the warm welcome

MariesImages said...

This is beautiful....welcome to RR challenges!
Marie

Kiva said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Your photo reminds me of those lovely illustrations of Avalon in all the books about King Arthur. Next time I'm up that way, I'm going there.

Nancy said...

Wow...you did great! Welcome to the RR challenge.
I love your magical scene...I always identify with fantasy-looking places.

Thanks for the peek.

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

Molly said...

Your picture reminds me of the island Bali Ha'i in the movie, South Pacific. Part of the lyrics are, "Bali Ha'i may call you,
Any night, any day, In your heart, you'll hear it call you:"Come away...Come away."

Unknown said...

That absolutely looks like a fairy tale. :)

MyMaracas said...

Wow, that really does look magical. What a perfectly wonderful photo! Welcome to the Robins!

Vicki