2.08.2006

'Gotta Have My "Idol" Fix!

We love "American Idol" around our house and its really starting to get exciting w/ the competition just beginning. I really like Paris and a few of the guys...haven't learned their names yet...but you just have to love Garet Johnson a.k.a. Turkey Boy. He's an adorable 18 yr. old from Wyoming. Here's a picture of him at the auditions in Denver, Co. http://www.idolonfox.com/photos/?cat=1&sub=8&pic=1977

Another interesting note about Garet, is that his cousin Dawn Johnson-Deal writes an article called The Other Day in my local newspaper. To read "Don't let 'American Idol' gobble up cousin who serenades his turkeys" click here:
http://www.tdn.com/articles/2006/02/07/this_day/news03.txt
Feel free to post your comments and opinions about the show, its hosts and your favorite contestant. My kids' "IDOL" impersonation pictures are sure to follow so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Wasn't that awesome about Kelly Clarkson's double Grammy win last night? And the ones she beat out!!! Wow! I am also a fairly new blogger as is my daughter (you posted about the Seahawks game on hers)and it also took me hours/days to get mine up and running! I am somewhat pc challenged so everything takes me longer. Buts is so gratifying when I can get something on my blog like a Flickr, etc. Have fun with yours. I'll check back.

CameraDawktor said...

I didn't see the Grammy's because I was watching Idol. I really liked your daughters blog, the title especially caught my eye. Thanks for the comment.