3.29.2006

It's Baseball Time!!


It's that time of the year again.....Baseball Time!!! This Spring both of my boys are playing ball. T-S-E (shown here) is a first-time T-Ball player.
*For those of you that don't know, T-Ball is where you are a beginner and you hit the ball off of what's called a tee.
He has never played a sport before, just watched his brother, sister and cousins. So this is very exciting.

For more pictures of T-S-E and his team click on the flickr badge on the sidebar.

Max-Ay played T-Ball last year, so this year he is playing Rookie. *For those of you who don't know, Rookies is when a pitching machine pitches you the ball, not another player.
Last year Max-Ay pulled some pretty crazy stunts out on the field. Instead of running the bases, he did it with flair. He slid into first base (this is 5 year olds playing and you usually slide on home plate). As he reached 2nd base he did a somersault with his head landing on the bag. As he rounded 3rd he started to slide and then decided to try a headstand w/ his head on the bag (he's not very good at those so he wasn't very successful). As he was approaching home plate, I was waving my arms, scowling and shaking my head. Interpretation: Don't pull anymore crap! He was flashing a cheezy grin, everyone in the stands was laughing but me, and he slowed down and skipped across home plate. After the game I told him that if he didn't run the bases the right way, he wouldn't get his "mandatory" treat after the game. Needless to say, candy won out over creative license.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciated his uniqueness, but once was enough and I wasn't going to have my kid act like a doofus all season!

Max-Ay baseball photos are being saved for future posts, but I will leave you w/ TSE hittin' it off the tee.

www.flickr.com


4 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like Max-Ay likes attention! That's too funny!

CameraDawktor said...

I hate to admit it, but he just may like to take after his Mama!!

lost in thoughts said...

'for those who dont know'...i think you're referring to me :)

Cute pic of TSE hitting the ball off the tee.

Anonymous said...

How cute :) I can't wait until Loo can get more involved in activities like this!