5.19.2006

SPF: Wave of Modulation

Kristine @ www.randomandodd.com has done it again. She came up with some great topics for photography. Here are the assignments: 1. Something Discarded
2. Lay down on the ground and find something ugly and make it beautiful.
3. Take a picture in the style of the person that inspires you.

So here goes:
*these are all uploaded to my flickr site under this set: http://flickr.com/photos/cameradawktor/sets/72057594119589281/
Go there if you want to see the other pictures I took with these (Mother's Day set) or if you want to see the pictures bigger and read the descriptions I wrote for them.

1. Something discarded, is it my kid or something else, you decide.








2. Lay down on the ground and make something ugly beautiful.

OOOOH, I had fun with this one, my hubby thought I was nuts but I came up with quite a few good ones, here's the one I picked.


The cool part of this pic is the microscopic detail and blogger won't let you click on the picture and view it bigger, so you have to go here to really get this pic:
http://flickr.com/photos/cameradawktor/147662586/in/set-72057594119589281/






Finally, #3) take a picture in the style of the person that inspires you.

To be honest, I'm not sure I was completely successful at getting a photo that www.albertart.com a.k.a. www.ptheclown.com would take, but I know what he likes, what gets him jacked up so that's what I focused on.

I've went on and on about him before, about how he's inspired me...yada-yada. He's the ultimate rocker, the world's best hand-waving Jesus Freak drummer and all-around best adopted big broskii. He has given me permission to blog some of the daily photos he sends me with voice clips and such. Be looking for something from him soon!


Here's two in the style of Pee, my hero:














Did you play??????????????

20 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL @ the first one. If the discarded part is what I am thinking anyway. ;-)

I had a really hard time with this week's but I played too.

Lee said...

love the tone of your 1st shot, very cool (I'm guessing the discard part was the paint on the rock not your kid??) and I love that last shot of the dirt plastic soldier in the twigs...great SPF! I played :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that ant one. Really cool. Great pics!

Happy SPF! I played too.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Bird poop? Is that the discarded? Saw the antie! It was fun this week wasn't it? I just wish I had more time!

Happy SPF!

hemlock said...

Very cool shots. That ant is HUGE!! I can't believe it.

Your son is the cutest.

I played at The Ramble Room.

Unknown said...

Love the ant. Love him.

Kami said...

Such a cutie!

Jana said...

I like those last two - those are cool!

I played!

CameraDawktor said...

Thanks everyone!

Lee-
That's duck poop!

Unknown said...

I love the second shot. That fire looks awesome. My hubby thought I was crazy too to lay on the ground looking for stuff.

What is that blue thing?

I played.

Michele Boselli said...

ciao

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!
Your shots are kick bootie! I will check out the big shots on FLickr later!!

CameraDawktor said...

delaine-
The blue thing is a plastic army/police-guy toy that I found suspended from a westeria vine in my yard.

Gracie-
I'll come by and check you out.

rose-n-fist
Thanks!

Krisitine-
Glad you liked it!

Lori said...

The fireplace shot is great. Or is it a fireplace, given the ant?

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Your boy is adorable - glad it is not him that you are discarding. I like the shot of the army man in the vines.
I played too

Tina M said...

Holy bird poo batman!! That's a lot of poop!! ;)

Something about the lonely muddy army guy gets to me. Love that pic!!

I played too

Lisa said...

The army man shot is my favorite. Very random and cool!
Happy SPF and I played too.

Me said...

What's this world coming to? People throwing away a perfectly good white boy!




(Ok so maybe your son wasn't the thing being dicarded in the photo? LOL)

PS: Quote is from a movie (for those who don't know)

Anonymous said...

good spf! I love, love that plastic soldier in the branches, that has happened at my house before!

Tammy said...

Little Bob The Builder. So cute.