5.31.2006

Cookie Recipes for my Camping Friends


The CameraDawktor Family met some wonderful new people @ our campout to Ft. Steven's State Park this weekend. Our friends from church, LeRoy and Jenny invited us. She asked me to bring some salsa because LeRoy inhales it like a vaccumme cleaner! I offered to make buttermilk coffeecake, and when I heard homemade cookies were being served, I offered to make a few dozen.

Our new friends said they loved me, I don't know if that was because of my winning personality, or because of the snickerdoodles they were eating. Anyway, I hope we are invited back next year. Even though it rained virtually the ENTIRE time, a great time was had by all.

If you are not interested in the recipes, please ignore, but here are the recipes as promised to my new camping friends.

This photo is of the toffee bars, not the greatest picture, but you get the idea!

Here's the link for a wonderful chocolate chip bar cookie from Hershey's called Rich Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars : http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=3225&page=10&per=10&category_id=5

Here's the link for a fantastic snickerdoodle cookie I got from www.bakingsheet.blogspot.com :
Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/MrsSiggSnckrddls.asp

Here's the link for my Mother's famous coffee cake, I posted it back in February: http://troublealwayshasadoor.blogspot.com/2006/02/buttermilk-coffee-cake-dutch-bros.html

And last but not least, the CameraDawktor's Salsa recipe:
http://troublealwayshasadoor.blogspot.com/2006/02/cameradawktors-salsa.html

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked out the recipes (they sound yummy) yet but the pics posted on flickr are great. Looks like you had a great time. I'm sure they loved you for your winning personality! Great food never hurts though.
GJ

Jacki said...

Okay, let's see if this worked.
GJ

Guatyen said...

heyo! yum yum... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum yum yummmmmmm!!

Anonymous said...

Having been at said campout, I know first hand how tasty all of the items were. The Salsa, snickerdoodles, buttermilk cake and toffee bars. Mmmm! I also know what a delight it was to have the cameradawktor and family join us this year! I know I am not the only one that hopes they join us again next year. It was wonderful meeting ya'all ;-)
~ Miss Lila/Svetlana

CameraDawktor said...

Laura/Svetlana/Lila-
You really are too kind!!! And it was fun meeting your crazy clan.

Tee/Tracy said...

New friends and good food - really, there aren't many greater things in life :) ... I have the Mrs. Sigg's recipe in my recipe box already. LOVE them.

Jana said...

Mmm, those sound good. Stupid diet I'm on...

Thanks for your input re: son#2. I am closer to a decision than I was this morning.